Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Extra Blog 2

This is the second part of writing three extra five hundred word blogs in hopes that these will save my grade and save me from the holy wrath of my father, who really wants me to get an A. So for these three blog posts we are going to look at so many ads it is going to make your eyes hurt so prepare yourself. Our first ad is for the product made by the company Pattex. What this advertisement is showing is that their glue is super strong.  The ad shows an old couple stuck together, the old woman has a smile on her face while the old man is frowning in disdain. I do not know if I used the right word there… Disdain? Oh well his face shows much disdain. This glue could be so strong that maybe the ad is saying that they got stuck together when they were young and full of life and now they are old and grey. I guess being literally stuck to someone for sixty years would get kind of old to. The ethos of this is that their glue must be really good if they can stick to people together for sixty years. That is improving their credibility of their product and themselves as a company. Pathos is used in this ad as well by invoking a certain feeling of awe in the ads audience. I know when I saw it, I thought, “wow I cannot believe that the glue worked that well for so long that the couple got super old! What a wonderfully dangerous yet strong product!”  There is not much logos here though. Why would two people stick themselves together and honestly what kind of glue can last that long. The ad makes use of humor to appeal its product to its audience. I am a big fan of this ad. I like the humor used and the fact that two people could be stuck together for sixty something years. Also I enjoy the “Everybody Loves Raymond” couple where Marie is all smiles and Frank just can’t stand being stuck with her.


This next picture is very striking. It is an ad for the WWF or the World Wide Fund for Nature. The ad shows what looks to be a forest in the shape of two lungs in a large green landscape. One of the “lungs” has be partially cleared or deforested. These missing trees mean we get less oxygen so it shows that the lungs are literally disappearing. That is why we need to stop useless deforestation. The more we clear, the less oxygen we have and last time I checked, humans can’t live without oxygen. This uses a lot of pathos. It makes me feel scared and worried for our world’s future. I don’t want to live in the cold sleek metal future of tomorrow. I want to live in a wooded glen and be happy that I can breathe fresh air. I love trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment