Friday, April 11, 2014

Blog 10

What is up class? I have been having a wonderful day in the sun and now it is time to analyze rhetoric in some ads. Also I played some Frisbee and it was super fun! Frisbee is my new favorite sport! Check out this ad for planting more tress from some conservationist company. It has a concrete pole and a spray painted shadow of a palm tree on the ground. The pole read in white letter that “nothing can replace a tree”. This reminds people of the nearing future of what will be if we continue deforestation. Also this shows that trees will be just a shadow of our humanity’s future. This is most apparent in the amazon the main sources of deforestation in the Amazon rain forest are human settlement and development of the land. In the nine years from 1991 to 2000, the total area of Amazon rain forest cleared rose from 415,000 to 587,000 km²; comparable to the total land area of Spain, Madagascar or Manitoba. Most of this lost forest has been replaced with pasture for cattle. I am a big proponent for conservation because I am worried about the future air quality of our nation. I do not want to end up like Hong Kong and Beijing in China where people have to wear masks to avoid getting sick. The pollution is so thick down in China that you cannot see a block ahead of you. I love planting trees in my neighborhood and other parks. It gives me a sense of hope and also a sense of accomplishment. It lets me know that I am helping produce more oxygen and making the town look better as well is a good bonus. I hope that everyone will realize to save energy and other stuff before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment