Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog 2

Okay what is good clase.  So this weekend when I was at home I saw some serious rhetoric arguments being used. My entire family went to the AT&T store to look at phones. My sister had a perfectly working iPhone 4s but decided that she needed to upgrade to the iPhone 5. My sister who is also 12 years old used ethos by building her case that she has had that phone for 1 year and that the one crack in the back made it unsightly and embarrassed her in front of all of her friends. She had no logos whatsoever to speak of because none of her arguments really made sense, but she got her way by using pathos on my dad. She asked my dad if he could live with himself knowing that his daughter is the laughing stock of the school because he did not buy her a new phone. Sadly, my dad caved and my 12 year old sister has an iPhone 5 while I’m stuck with a flip phone… ok so maybe I have the Galaxy S III. It is the principal that a 12 year old shouldn’t have such a powerful piece of technology. Besides that little fingerprint scanner on there is giving all our fingerprints to the NSA so I don’t trust it.
Also I went to the airport to fly to Syracuse when we went to see Clemson demolish them in football and I sat in front of the noisiest little kid I’ve ever encountered in the history of Delta Airline flights. This reminded me of this image…




They replaced the kids head with a megaphone to show how noisy and annoying a kid could be on a flight and it shows how Sony’s noise canceling headphones could help you relax even with “megaphone kicking kid monster” sitting behind you. How I longed for those headphones that day… I wanted to Falcon Punch his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment